Current Clubs Job Opening:
Merion Golf Club
Ardmore, Pennsylvania, United States
Merion Golf Club is currently seeking an experienced and hands-on Facilities Manager to be responsible for overseeing a comprehensive facilities management program to maintain the quality of all Club facilities in accordance with sound engineering practices. The position oversees and is responsible for the maintenance and housekeeping of all buildings and facilities in order to keep the Club functioning in working order and first-class condition at all times. This includes, but is not limited to: Clubhouse, Golf Shop, Caddie Building, Learning Center, Halfway Houses, the two adjacent Merion-owned properties, Bungalow and Greens Maintenance Buildings.
The Facilities Manager supervises the Maintenance Mechanic(s), Housemen, Housekeepers and Security Guards.
Team Merion is an inclusive, diverse, fun-loving and family friendly group who pride ourselves in living out our Core Values of Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Service and Safety.
Merion Golf Club offers full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, flex, and holiday time; a commendable health benefits package; and a 401K plan with a generous company match.
Merion Golf Club is a private golf club in Ardmore, PA, established in 1896. The Club’s internationally renowned East Course is currently ranked 6th in the nation and 12th in the world. The course has hosted more USGA championships than any other golf course in America and is home to some of history’s greatest golf moments. Although Merion is most well-known for its golf courses, the Club staff takes pride in providing excellence in all dining experiences for Merion’s 1,000-plus members and their guests.
Colleton River Club
Job Posting: Director of Facilities Maintenance
Location: Bluffton, SC
The Director of Facilities Maintenance will oversee all operations and maintenance of mechanical, structural, electrical systems and other facets of commercial facilities maintenance of the club to ensure top running efficiency and cleanliness. Select, train and supervise all facets of the Facilities Maintenance department. Requires the ability to organize and prioritize; should be personable, responsible and willing to work in a team environment with an emphasis on leadership. This position requires weekends and holidays as well as nights to be available. Maintain and update departmental SOP’s on a regular basis.
- Responsible for hiring, training and supervising all personnel within the Facilities Maintenance department, maintaining Colleton River standards.
- Follows and enforces all rules and policies of the Club.
- Conducts meetings with staff to disseminate information, discuss problems and solutions, etc.
- Revises staff schedules according to the flow of business as well as the ability to produce a work schedule that fits within budgeted standards.
- Maintains accurate time records and performance files for each employee supervised.
- Completes all paperwork on a timely basis.
- Attends weekly meetings and participates as an active member of the Senior Management Team in improving the service and operations of the club.
- Prepares and monitors budget for the facilities maintenance department, taking corrective action as needed to assure budget goals are attained, as well as preparing monthly variance reports.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with code enforcement officials, fire and safety officials and other individuals involved in regulatory compliance. Ensures that all standards are maintained according to code and regulations.
- Ensures that there is a good understanding of responsibilities during emergency situations and is able to competently respond, including fire and life safety procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems and demonstrates ability to train employees on all aspects of the system.
- Knowledgeable in contract law and in proper contract negotiations and exhibits competency in each situation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all current and future codes governing all facilities of the club.
- Creates and maintains preventative maintenance checklists and services for all equipment and facilities of the club.
- Schedules workloads and work orders for all areas of the club and its equipment.
- Develops effective policies and procedures for the maintenance department in all aspects of the operation.
- Any additional duties requested by the COO/GM.
- Supervises all Facilities Maintenance staff.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Uses feedback to modify designs; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Completes work in a timely manner; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative – Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year College or University; or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in commercial building maintenance management with at least 10 years hands on experience in HVAC to 150 total refrigerant tons, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, potable water distribution systems, waste water collection systems, high voltage electrical distribution systems, geothermal heat pump HVAC systems, open and closed water treatment and the related chemistry, dry chemical fire suppression systems, internal and external quality control standards, procedures and policies, etc.
- Must have excellent knowledge of preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance procedures to include best practices, PM/PM checklist development and implementation. Must have experience with managing a multicultural staff of 5 or more individuals.
- Must have knowledge of engineering best practices in the areas of mechanical, electrical, structural and civil.
- Must have knowledge of life safety practices and regulations, Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations in regard to workplace safety and safe work practices as applicable to commercial facilities maintenance operations to include but not be limited to energized systems lock out/tag out, confined space entry, hazardous chemical handling and storage, assured grounding requirements and other applicable regulations, the code of the National Fire Protection Association to include the National Electrical Code, Southern Building Code, the requirements of the Americans With Disabilities Act and other applicable codes related to commercial facilities operations and maintenance. Must be qualified to teach and administer a Hazardous Communications Program in relation to facilities maintenance.
- Language Skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, members, and the general public.
- Computer Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of JONAS Database software; HRIS & Payroll systems; Internet Explorer; MS Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Word Processing software, and work order software.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Driver’s License
- HVAC Certification
- EPA approved certification of a Universal Technician in refrigerant handling, recovery and record keeping
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit and talk or hear; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should complete the online application at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/406428
Additional questions can be directed to:
Susan Edwards, PHR, SHRM-CP
Director of Human Resources
Colleton River Club
Date Posted: December 8, 2020
More Job Openings